ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

4 posters

SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario

Poll

Who wins?

[ 2 ]
    SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario Bar_left67%SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 1 ]
    SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario Bar_left33%SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Ezequiel Matias

SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario Empty SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario

Post  Ezequiel Matias Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Well, your choice. The rivalry between SEGA's fans and Nintendo's fans, is still alive as I can see.
    SonicVaan
    SonicVaan

Current Project : BEING THE KING OF THE FORUM

SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario Empty Re: SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario

Post  SonicVaan Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:43 am

Well, I think every company has their set of good games
    JoshDP

SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario Empty Re: SEGA. vs. Nintendo. - Sonic. vs. Mario

Post  JoshDP Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:07 pm

I will agree with SonicVaan here, everything has to have SOME of it's good in it.
    Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:10 pm

If you guys consider to be Sonic/Sega fans as me, then I can say most of us don't bash or attack Nintendo or Mario. We, the Sonic community in some points are the complete opposite of Mario/Nintendo fans, who attack/bash Sonic/Sega fans, or Microsoft/Sony fans. They go to an extreme point that they make games against Sonic, or Sega, so that's one of the reasons why I choose SEGA, and because is my favourite company, but, like you guys, said, every company has its good set of games, Nintendo has good games, I don't deny it, and Mario has his good games as well.
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Current Project : nope

Post  Green Snake Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Nintendo has way more memorable and great games, but it also has shitty policies, especially towards Youtube where you will get copyright strike usually just for showing very tiny parts of many Nintendo games. Sega on the other hand in the last years haven't participated in making good games much to none, but neither hasn't really done anything ridiculous like Nintendo, so overall I would say still Nintendo is better company but not by much
    Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:25 pm

Well, Green Snake, it's your opinion, for me, the most memorable and great games like you wrote in your post, come from SEGA, I remember playing many Sega games in my Genesis/Mega Drive with the cartridges, including Sonic. Later I knew about SEGA's Game Gear/Master System. Nintendo and its games, on the other way, doesn't feel as great, it's like something is missing in Nintendo's games, at least for me, and Mario, Sonic's main rival, doesn't feel as memorable, like I wrote before, at least for me. SEGA still wins in my opinion.
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Current Project : nope

Post  Green Snake Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:34 am

I agree, Sonic is way more memorable than Mario, but the games as of late has been pretty bad. In the 90s I would easily chose SEGA, but as of late there is really nothing SEGA has been doing to make good games or memorable ones either, and Nintendo still keeps pushing good games and somewhat memorable ones, though has been declining steadily in quality since SNES, as has SEGA.
    JoshDP

Post  JoshDP Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:20 pm

Well, I guess I'd pick Sonic over Mario, since I grew up with Sonic games more than with Mario games.
    Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:55 am

Green Snake wrote:I agree, Sonic is way more memorable than Mario, but the games as of late has been pretty bad. In the 90s I would easily chose SEGA, but as of late there is really nothing SEGA has been doing to make good games or memorable ones either, and Nintendo still keeps pushing good games and somewhat memorable ones, though has been declining steadily in quality since SNES, as has SEGA.

Well, I haven't played SEGA's Sonic Boom, yet. For me, the most recent and memorable games SEGA made were Sonic 4 and Generations. Anyway, Sega and Nintendo are not rivals now, nor are Sonic and Mario, this finished when Sega and Nintendo decided to cooperate (which I think it was not a good idea). I agree, in the 90's I would choose Sega as well, the Mega Drive console was one of the best consoles of its time, I think Sega's peak was when they managed to beat Nintendo during a period of 5 years (1987 to 1992) Sonic 3D Blast, specially, was my favourite game. Sega's Master System/Game Gear was also competing with Nintendo's NES at the time.
    Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:03 am

JoshDP wrote:Well, I guess I'd pick Sonic over Mario, since I grew up with Sonic games more than with Mario games.  

I agree, I also grew up more with Sonic games, Mario on the other hand was a bit boring for me. Extra detail: The only Mario games I like are Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Super Mario Bros. (NES and GBA version) (which ironically, the first two are not platforming games) and I played them all in an emulator. Sonic still wins in my opinion.
    JoshDP

Post  JoshDP Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Just an annual year bump! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Basketball cheers bom drunken cherry sunny Sleep

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:47 am