ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

3 posters

Jdpense's Sonic Rom Hacks were never good

CoolSpot.
    CoolSpot.

Jdpense's Sonic Rom Hacks were never good Empty Jdpense's Sonic Rom Hacks were never good

Post  CoolSpot. Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Jdpense's Sonic Rom Hacks were never good O1soJhd

aka the "knowbetter" fucks
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Jdpense's Sonic Rom Hacks were never good Empty Re: Jdpense's Sonic Rom Hacks were never good

Post  Jdpense Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:27 am

They are just nitpicky, narrowminded, "knowbetter", and biased
    Ralakimus1

Jdpense's Sonic Rom Hacks were never good Empty Re: Jdpense's Sonic Rom Hacks were never good

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:24 pm

there are no good hacks
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:30 pm

make better hax skrub
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:32 pm

hoes mad
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Ralakimus1 wrote:there are no good hacks
    facts
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:44 pm

its ok tho cuz my hacks are far worse
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Nah you are much better me lol
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:47 pm

Ralakimus1 wrote:make better hax skrub
    I cant lol

I sux at hacking
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:54 pm

Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:56 pm

I delete myself from the community!
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:59 pm

no
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:23 pm

yes
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:38 pm

if u want my opinion on ur hacks, then no, im not a fan of them. theyre just "gimmick from another sonic game" in sonic 1/2/3k, and suffer from bugs/subpar implementations.

personally, i just wanna see something original. i am not interested in hacks that just port chaotix physics or the powerups from the game gear games in sonic 2.
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:41 pm

judging from other messages ive seen you post, if your real goal with making hacks is to "get famous" or purely to please other people, then youre doing it for the wrong reason. "fame" is fucking overrated, and "fame" in a sonic hacking community is laughable.
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:49 pm

if you want people to like your hacks so badly, then it would help for you to step up your game a bit and do more than just what basically are just experimentations of different ideas in sonic 1/2/3k.

i understand that proper feedback for your hacks hasn't been particularly great, and i'm very much guilty of that, myself. i don't hate you personally, i just don't think your hacks are all that great and "worthy of mass praise" as you tend to put it sometimes.
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Well then I guess I should just quit Sonic hacking then, since I already know won't be able make anything worthwhile in the eyes of the community

No personal hate on you or anything, since I sincerely appreciate your honesty and advice you have given 

if you need me I will be hiding away in my basement for a long time till I can get my personal life on track again
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:49 pm

if you are having issues with your personal life, then absolutely take care of that first. don't drain yourself. i think that it's important that you improve your self-image. get negative reception to become more of a motivator for you to improve your hacks, instead of making you wallow in self pity. it's very clear that you have quite a bit of an ego, and seek attention and praise, and try to use whatever positive attention you get to make yourself feel good. when you don't get that, you start getting overly upset and begin blaming the everyone but yourself. absolutely not a healthy mindset to have.

don't think that you won't be able to make anything worthwhile. i do think you have potential, i'd just like to see you flesh out your skills more and come up with something cool and more original. i genuinely mean that.
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:27 pm

Yes I will admit I have an issue with egotism 

I'm sorry if I came across that way in my previous posts, I don't intend to be an unlikeable person 

but I don't always just solely look for positive feedback or "praise" as you stated in your previous posts, all I also accept and like negative feedback towards my hacks as well as along as they have constructive criticism, and isn't just a "This sucks and I'm not going to explain why"
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:37 pm

whatever the case may be, accepting that you have some kind of problem is a good first step. if you need to take a break from hacking or even the internet to focus on yourself, there's absolutely no shame in it, and i fully encourage it.
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:07 pm

i absolutely realize that i myself am not exactly a great "role model", and that i am a somewhat hypocritical when i give advice that i sometimes tend to not follow through myself, especially when it comes to shittalking and poor criticism, and i am very much sorry for that. i admit i am not great with giving critique directly to people, and telling you all this wasn't the easiest/most comfortable decision, for some reason. definitely something i need to work on myself lol.
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:30 am

Ralakimus1 wrote:it's very clear that you have quite a bit of an ego, and seek attention and praise, and try to use whatever positive attention you get to make yourself feel good. when you don't get that, you start getting overly upset and begin blaming the everyone but yourself. absolutely not a healthy mindset to have.
    It seems to me you like to make unfair bold assumptions about me which aren't completely true. I don't always seek positive attention all the time, I also always seek for criticism whenever I can find it. The problem with the Sonic Hacking Community or other communities in general is that no one really bothers or gives a shit to give me feedback, yet they expect me to do more or improve on a project somehow. I find it impossible to improve in anyway on project if I have no one else to point out faults or flaws in project. I can't really figure out the faults of my project by my own viewpoint alone, I feel that my work can only improve with another person's viewpoint and the flaws they were able to point that I couldn't find on my own. I will agree that my responses to not receiving constructive feedback was not a good way to go about it, and I definitely understand why my hacks aren't praiseworthy as you stated earlier. I also do agree I can definitely do a lot more with my projects to make them stand out better. 

No personal attack on you or anything, I just felt the need to clarify some things.
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:48 am

Totally fair. Those assumptions are a bit bold, but it's just frustrating to me to see responses like those. I wi say that yea, the community has never been great with giving feedback for the past several years, and I think I've mentioned before that I'm totally guilty of not helping out with that, and I am sorry for that.
    Jdpense
    Jdpense

Post  Jdpense Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:41 pm

Look, I understand that you aren't interested into the types of hacks that I made, and I think that's totally fine, you don't have to be. I'm sorry for my bitter attitude and I'm sorry for my negative responses that I made about you guys on this forum. I've just been going through a lot personal things in life, and I realize that my responses to the problems in my life were not a good way to go about it. I still think you are great person, despite not helping me with feedback, since I think you are one of the nicest members from the Sonic Hacking Community and have brought a lot of contribution to the community, which I realize is something I should do more myself.
    Ralakimus1

Post  Ralakimus1 Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:55 pm

I also realize I came across a bit harsh in my posts. There's a lot of personal stress from me as well, and the alcohol is definitely not helping with my attitude.

Just focus on yourself first, man.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:24 pm