ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

5 posters

Does anyone here like Sonic3D?

Ezequiel Matias

Does anyone here like Sonic3D? Empty Does anyone here like Sonic3D?

Post  Ezequiel Matias Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Even though I know many people dislike this game (IMO not just as much as Sonic '06 and Boom) I think it's a pretty nice game which pushed the Genesis' mechanics to the top. I know it's a sluggish game and it's just freaking tedious to go rescuing these birds and all... But I actually like the plot and the game as a whole. The sprites and graphics were awesome for the time, and are still awesome! In my opinion it rivals Mario RPG (which was released around that time as well) and Crash Bandicoot (1) for the SNES and PS(1) respectively!

The soundtrack (specially the Genesis one) is a classic, and it actually brought me to the world of 3D videogames.

It's also one of the few Genesis games which don't have a disassembly for hacking.

So, anyone here likes S3D?

Green Snake
    Green Snake

Current Project : nope

Does anyone here like Sonic3D? Empty Re: Does anyone here like Sonic3D?

Post  Green Snake Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 pm

I think its very dishonest to say it would rival Crash Bandicoot. The game is in Isometric perspective (also known as 2.5D), and is very basic and on in many times more inferior console. The game is not that special, even for Sega Mega Drive, you could do 2.5D on Atari 2600 (albeit it would look horrible and unclear, nonetheless easy to achieve). The game itself really isn't a Sonic game in the sense of majority of Sonic games before and since, and is likely the reason people dislike it over the gameplay itself (which I can't confirm, never played). If it was something completely different and physics adjusted to fit it, it could of possibly been a fairly well received game, even for being gimmicky.
    SesinKolin2402
    SesinKolin2402

Current Project : wat

Post  SesinKolin2402 Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:52 am

Waht.
    UburL33tUzerNam
    UburL33tUzerNam

Current Project : Things

Post  UburL33tUzerNam Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:20 pm

In my opinion, Sonic 3D Blast is a good game in its own right, it just doesn,'t work as a Sonic game. Sure, it does have some classic Sonic elements, such as the spindash, special stages, and loops (which you automatically go through), but I feel the game would have done just fine without those elements.

At least it isn't Sonic R...
    JoshDP

Post  JoshDP Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:59 pm

Just an annual year bump! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Basketball cheers bom drunken cherry sunny Sleep

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:17 pm