ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.


    So................................................................................

    Share

    Ezequiel Matias

    Mensagens : 2505
    Data de inscrição : 2013-01-03

    So................................................................................

    Post  Ezequiel Matias on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:52 pm

    Has anyone used stolen content on a hack as of late?
    avatar
    Green Snake

    Mensagens : 2094
    Data de inscrição : 2012-04-07
    Localização : I do not even know
    Current Project : nope

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Green Snake on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:37 am

    yes
    avatar
    UburL33tUzerNam

    Mensagens : 810
    Data de inscrição : 2013-08-08
    Localização : Somewhere
    Current Project : Things

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  UburL33tUzerNam on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:18 am

    As a matter of fact, yes I have. I pretty much stole the entirety of Sonic 1 and used it as a base for my hack.
    avatar
    Green Snake

    Mensagens : 2094
    Data de inscrição : 2012-04-07
    Localização : I do not even know
    Current Project : nope

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Green Snake on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:46 pm

    UburL33tUzerNam wrote:As a matter of fact, yes I have. I pretty much stole the entirety of Sonic 1 and used it as a base for my hack.
    I am sure all of us are guilty of this

    Ezequiel Matias

    Mensagens : 2505
    Data de inscrição : 2013-01-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Ezequiel Matias on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:41 pm

    Sonic 1 must be one of the most hacked games around, second only to Super Mario Bros. for the NES.
    avatar
    Green Snake

    Mensagens : 2094
    Data de inscrição : 2012-04-07
    Localização : I do not even know
    Current Project : nope

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Green Snake on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:34 pm

    I am not sure about which is hacked more. But what I am fairly sure is that Sonic community has better disassemblies and tools to work with classics so its likely to be a big contribution to its popularity.

    Ezequiel Matias

    Mensagens : 2505
    Data de inscrição : 2013-01-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Ezequiel Matias on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:12 pm

    I'm pretty sure Sonic 1 is one of the most hacked videogames around. I recall back in 2008/9/10, not long ago, my father used to download tons of Sonic 1 (and Sonic 2) hacks as I didn't have internet at home, at the time so yeah. SMB (NES. version) has also been hacked many times even used to release an unlicensed "Mario game" on the Genesis in the 90s:


    Ezequiel Matias

    Mensagens : 2505
    Data de inscrição : 2013-01-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Ezequiel Matias on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:22 pm

    EM wrote:

    Oh, if you are wondering why does it appear to be like SMB Lost Levels, the sprites in this game are taken directly from the NES SMB and reworked into 16-bits.
    avatar
    CoolSpot.

    Mensagens : 194
    Data de inscrição : 2014-06-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  CoolSpot. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:41 pm

    I haVen'T StoLeN AnYtHaNg UnLiKe YoU PeOpLe aNd YoU cAnT PRoVe It Very Happy Very Happy

    Ezequiel Matias

    Mensagens : 2505
    Data de inscrição : 2013-01-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Ezequiel Matias on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:46 pm

    Who is the guy/girl who has so much free time to create so many fucking accounts?
    avatar
    CoolSpot.

    Mensagens : 194
    Data de inscrição : 2014-06-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  CoolSpot. on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:25 pm

    Ur mum affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
    avatar
    UburL33tUzerNam

    Mensagens : 810
    Data de inscrição : 2013-08-08
    Localização : Somewhere
    Current Project : Things

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  UburL33tUzerNam on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:30 pm

    Ezequiel Matias wrote:I'm pretty sure Sonic 1 is one of the most hacked videogames around. I recall back in 2008/9/10, not long ago, my father used to download tons of Sonic 1 (and Sonic 2) hacks as I didn't have internet at home, at the time so yeah. SMB (NES. version) has also been hacked many times even used to release an unlicensed "Mario game" on the Genesis in the 90s:

    Here's another example:
    avatar
    CoolSpot.

    Mensagens : 194
    Data de inscrição : 2014-06-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  CoolSpot. on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:24 pm

    UburL33tUzerNam wrote:
    Ezequiel Matias wrote:I'm pretty sure Sonic 1 is one of the most hacked videogames around. I recall back in 2008/9/10, not long ago, my father used to download tons of Sonic 1 (and Sonic 2) hacks as I didn't have internet at home, at the time so yeah. SMB (NES. version) has also been hacked many times even used to release an unlicensed "Mario game" on the Genesis in the 90s:

    Here's another example:
    StOp StEaLiNg U MotHeR FuKER Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

    Ezequiel Matias

    Mensagens : 2505
    Data de inscrição : 2013-01-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Ezequiel Matias on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:08 pm

    UburL33tUzerNam wrote:
    Ezequiel Matias wrote:I'm pretty sure Sonic 1 is one of the most hacked videogames around. I recall back in 2008/9/10, not long ago, my father used to download tons of Sonic 1 (and Sonic 2) hacks as I didn't have internet at home, at the time so yeah. SMB (NES. version) has also been hacked many times even used to release an unlicensed "Mario game" on the Genesis in the 90s:

    Here's another example:

    Yeah, poor Sonic having to travel through Mario's world...
    avatar
    CoolSpot.

    Mensagens : 194
    Data de inscrição : 2014-06-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  CoolSpot. on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:51 pm

    You AlL ShOuld bE aShEaMed 4 StEaLiNg!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    Electroball_

    Mensagens : 1595
    Data de inscrição : 2013-11-26
    Localização : Antarctic Ocean
    Current Project : Finding a better way to spend free time

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Electroball_ on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:17 pm

    If I rip off a song from an older version of my hack because I am too lazy to port it back again does it count as stealing?
    avatar
    CoolSpot.

    Mensagens : 194
    Data de inscrição : 2014-06-03

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  CoolSpot. on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 pm

    Electroball_ wrote:If I rip off a song from an older version of my hack because I am too lazy to port it back again does it count as stealing?
    YeS It DoEs YoU SlAcKeR Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: So................................................................................

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:44 am