ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

So................................................................................

Ezequiel Matias

So................................................................................

Post  Ezequiel Matias on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:52 pm

Has anyone used stolen content on a hack as of late?
    Green Snake

Current Project : nope

Re: So................................................................................

Post  Green Snake on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:37 am

yes
    UburL33tUzerNam

Current Project : Things

Re: So................................................................................

Post  UburL33tUzerNam on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:18 am

As a matter of fact, yes I have. I pretty much stole the entirety of Sonic 1 and used it as a base for my hack.
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:46 pm

UburL33tUzerNam wrote:As a matter of fact, yes I have. I pretty much stole the entirety of Sonic 1 and used it as a base for my hack.
    I am sure all of us are guilty of this

Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Sonic 1 must be one of the most hacked games around, second only to Super Mario Bros. for the NES.
    Green Snake

Post  Green Snake on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:34 pm

I am not sure about which is hacked more. But what I am fairly sure is that Sonic community has better disassemblies and tools to work with classics so its likely to be a big contribution to its popularity.

Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm pretty sure Sonic 1 is one of the most hacked videogames around. I recall back in 2008/9/10, not long ago, my father used to download tons of Sonic 1 (and Sonic 2) hacks as I didn't have internet at home, at the time so yeah. SMB (NES. version) has also been hacked many times even used to release an unlicensed "Mario game" on the Genesis in the 90s:

Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:22 pm

EM wrote:

Oh, if you are wondering why does it appear to be like SMB Lost Levels, the sprites in this game are taken directly from the NES SMB and reworked into 16-bits.
    CoolSpot.

Post  CoolSpot. on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:41 pm

I haVen'T StoLeN AnYtHaNg UnLiKe YoU PeOpLe aNd YoU cAnT PRoVe It Very Happy Very Happy

Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Who is the guy/girl who has so much free time to create so many fucking accounts?
    CoolSpot.

Post  CoolSpot. on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Ur mum affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
    UburL33tUzerNam

Current Project : Things

Post  UburL33tUzerNam on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Ezequiel Matias wrote:I'm pretty sure Sonic 1 is one of the most hacked videogames around. I recall back in 2008/9/10, not long ago, my father used to download tons of Sonic 1 (and Sonic 2) hacks as I didn't have internet at home, at the time so yeah. SMB (NES. version) has also been hacked many times even used to release an unlicensed "Mario game" on the Genesis in the 90s:

Here's another example:
    CoolSpot.

Post  CoolSpot. on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:24 pm

UburL33tUzerNam wrote:
    Ezequiel Matias wrote:I'm pretty sure Sonic 1 is one of the most hacked videogames around. I recall back in 2008/9/10, not long ago, my father used to download tons of Sonic 1 (and Sonic 2) hacks as I didn't have internet at home, at the time so yeah. SMB (NES. version) has also been hacked many times even used to release an unlicensed "Mario game" on the Genesis in the 90s:

Here's another example:
    StOp StEaLiNg U MotHeR FuKER Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Ezequiel Matias

Post  Ezequiel Matias on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:08 pm

UburL33tUzerNam wrote:

Here's another example:

Yeah, poor Sonic having to travel through Mario's world...
    CoolSpot.

Post  CoolSpot. on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:51 pm

You AlL ShOuld bE aShEaMed 4 StEaLiNg!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Electroball_

Current Project : Finding a better way to spend free time

Post  Electroball_ on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:17 pm

If I rip off a song from an older version of my hack because I am too lazy to port it back again does it count as stealing?
    CoolSpot.

Post  CoolSpot. on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Electroball_ wrote:If I rip off a song from an older version of my hack because I am too lazy to port it back again does it count as stealing?
    YeS It DoEs YoU SlAcKeR Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:44 am