ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ASM to Sega Genesis Platform

All about assembly programming in the Sega Genesis console.

+7
Karate Cat
Trox
Haley_Davies
Valentin the fox
Sonicfan
Cool-Spot
OuricoDoido
11 posters

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07

OuricoDoido
    Admin

Current Project : Sonic Open Source Project

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Empty Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07

Post  OuricoDoido Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project (STHOSP) is a modification of Sonic 1 for Sega Mega Drive with open source code that I've done, the modification has several new features in relation the original game:

- Now each level has four acts
    - Each levels have new design
    - You can play with the Sonic or with the Tails, each with their own skills
    - The transformations of Super and Hyper is accessible for both characters
    - Monitors 'S' and monitors Eggman reprogrammed, now monitors Eggman cause damages and monitors 'S' transforms the character in Hyper and add 50 rings
    - Mode "ITEM S ONLY", where all monitors become monitors of the type 'S'
    - New songs, including one for each boss, act and special stage
    - Sound driver for PCM musics, single music of the game in PCM is the number B7 in the sound test, Canterbury Plains of Top Gear 2
    - Time Attack edited only for levels
    - Support for SRAM, which allows save the game and the Time Attack
    - Different palettes
    - Some menus of the Sonic 2
    - The rings counter is not reset between acts
    - Original Mode with levels and músics of Sonic 1
    - Removed the spike bug (bug that makes the Sonic, with invulnerability, die if do not have rings or lose rings if have, when is struck by a spike)
    - In the question of dynamic of fluids was added to modification the Sonic Boom and Super Cavitation

Skills for both characters

Jump - The character jumps normally
    Spindash - Impulse that the character leaves Rolling
    Slow Spindash - Same as Spindash but slowly
    Spin Boost - Spindash snapshot with the same speed of Slow Spindash
    Rolling the Sonic/Tails is in foot - When is rolling, the character will in foot instantly

Sonic's Skills

Infinite Jump - Extra jump upward (-2 rings)
    Jump Down - Extra jump downward (-1 rings)
    Homing Attack - Extra jump toward the enemy
    JumpDash - A impulse in air, playing Sonic forward
    JumpDash Angle - Same as JumpDash, but in any direction
    Chrono Attack - Stop the Time and add 20 seconds when it finishes executing the skill
    Super Peelout - A impulse faster than Spindash where Sonic rushes, but tends to expect, less if is Super or Hyper, how much longer you wait, more faster Sonic will run
    Shoryuken - Jump with a trail of fire in the hand of the Sonic

Tails' Skills

Tails Fly - Flight Upward
    Tails Fly Down - Flight downward
    Swim Tails - Swim upward
    Swim Tails Down - Swim downward

Below the main changes in version 0.06 for the 0.07:

- Added the Super Cavitation and the Sonic Boom
    - Added the act 4 for each zone, except for the Scrap Brain and the Labyrinth (Labyrinth already have a 4th act)
    - Tails can swim now
    - Modified the main menu
    - Imported from Sonic 2, Menu Options, the Result Screen and stars of Super Sonic
    - Fixed several bugs

Images of the Modification

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00700
    Title Screen

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00700
    Sonic turning into Super

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00702
    Sonic making the Super Peelout

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00710
    Sonic using the Chrono Attack

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00703
    Super Sonic breaking the sound barrier

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00704
    Sonic doing Shoryuken

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00705
    Tails Super Cavitating

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00707
    Menu Options

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00708
    Level Select

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Sthosp00709
    Result Screen

Magic Forest 1 Gameplay

How to compile
    To build the ROM run the build.bat which is in the folder SOURCE CODE.

Download STHOSP - 0.07
    http://goo.gl/wG3Ng
    Cool-Spot
    Cool-Spot

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Empty Re: Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07

Post  Cool-Spot Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:09 am

Awesome! In the new version will be Knuckles?
    OuricoDoido
    Admin

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Empty Re: Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07

Post  OuricoDoido Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Cool-Spot wrote:Awesome! In the new version will be Knuckles?

In the version 0.08 the Knuckles no will be present, but in the version 0.09 the chances are higher.
    Cool-Spot
    Cool-Spot

Post  Cool-Spot Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:29 am

Sonic NaoSI (based on STHOSP 0.07).

-Game translated into russian;
    -New Title Cards font;
    -New HUD (from Sonic 3);
    -New palette (dynamic);
    -New Credits font (from Sonic 2);
    -New Sega Screen Sound;
    -REV01 Background Effects;
    -Added Press Start Button text, translated into russian;
    -Spindash
    -Jump Dash
    -Deleted Spike Bug
    -12 hits on the boss
    -Fixed Walk-Jump Bug (by Cinossu);
    -Deleted Speed Cap (by Tweaker & Puto);
    -Level Select from Sonic 2 (by Esrael), translated into russian;
    -New music (1 song per act, 1 song per boss, 1 song per special stage);
    -You can play with the Sonic or with the Tails, each with their own skills;
    -The transformations of Super and Hyper is accessible for both characters;
    -Monitors 'S' and monitors Eggman reprogrammed, now monitors Eggman cause damages and monitors 'S' transforms the character in Hyper and add 50 rings;
    -Mode "ITEM S ONLY", where all monitors become monitors of the type 'S';
    -Sound driver for PCM musics, single music of the game in PCM is the number B7 in the sound test, Canterbury Plains of Top Gear 2;
    -Time Attack edited only for levels;
    -Support for SRAM, which allows save the game and the Time Attack;
    -Some menus of the Sonic 2;
    -Original Mode with levels and músics of Sonic 1;
    -Sonic Boom and Super Cavitation;
    -After Image (by Selbi);
    -New Buzzbomber Sprite;

Skills for both characters

Jump - The character jumps normally
    Spindash - Impulse that the character leaves Rolling
    Slow Spindash - Same as Spindash but slowly
    Spin Boost - Spindash snapshot with the same speed of Slow Spindash
    Rolling the Sonic/Tails is in foot - When is rolling, the character will in foot instantly

Sonic's Skills

Jump Down - Extra jump downward (-1 rings)
    Homing Attack - Extra jump toward the enemy
    JumpDash - A impulse in air, playing Sonic forward
    Chrono Attack - Stop the Time and add 20 seconds when it finishes executing the skill
    Super Peelout - A impulse faster than Spindash where Sonic rushes, but tends to expect, less if is Super or Hyper, how much longer you wait, more faster Sonic will run
    Shoryuken - Jump with a trail of fire in the hand of the Sonic

Tails' Skills

Tails Fly - Flight Upward
    Tails Fly Down - Flight downward
    Swim Tails - Swim upward
    Swim Tails Down - Swim downward

Screenshots:

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 48dd296e7600t Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 E011296b155et Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 756066bce52dt Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 6a8ee28ce8c6t Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 27f016a7710bt Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 584449fac9a2t

Credits:

All work by Cool-Spot;
    STHOSP features by OuricoDoido;
    After Image by Selbi;

Special Thanks:
    Doctor Robotnik;
    TailsX-Doll;
    Vladikcopmper;

[url=http://guard-of-darkness.orgfree.com/Sonic NaoSI.rar]Download[/url]
    OuricoDoido
    Admin

Post  OuricoDoido Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Cool-Spot wrote:Sonic NaoSI (based on STHOSP 0.07).

Very good your Rom Hack, the pallets were very well modified and the music imports are incredible, because they in great majority, aren't of Sonic games to Sega Genesis.
    Sonicfan
    Sonicfan

Current Project : Working Title

Post  Sonicfan Thu May 05, 2011 8:30 am

OuricoDoido wrote:

In the version 0.08 the Knuckles no will be present, but in the version 0.09 the chances are higher.
    OK, waiting the new vesion with Knuckles!
    This hack will become even more impressive Cool

Cool-Spot, your Sonic NaoSI is good too Smile
    Valentin the fox

Current Project : Sonic Prototype Of Paradise

Post  Valentin the fox Thu May 05, 2011 9:05 am

Sonicfan wrote:
    OuricoDoido wrote:

OK, waiting the new vesion with Knuckles!
    This hack will become even more impressive Cool

Cool-Spot, your Sonic NaoSI is good too Smile
    He quit work on NaoSI... Sad Pallet made by me...
    Haley_Davies

Post  Haley_Davies Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:06 pm

WELL DON GUYS
    Trox

Current Project : Sonic Alphaomega, Sonic XD

Post  Trox Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Hey, in what format is the $B7 song?

I know that it's 11 khz, but is mono or stereo and how many bits?
    Karate Cat
    Karate Cat

Post  Karate Cat Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 am

Trox wrote:Hey, in what format is the $B7 song?

I know that it's 11 khz, but is mono or stereo and how many bits?

Hey, do you know how to port music?
    Trox

Current Project : Sonic Alphaomega, Sonic XD

Post  Trox Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 pm

From other games with SMPS music system, yes, I may do perfect ports Razz.
    But, if you tell me in what format I need to add PCM songs to the Sonic 65's PCM driver, I will thank you.
    Karate Cat
    Karate Cat

Post  Karate Cat Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Trox wrote:From other games with SMPS music system, yes, I may do perfect ports Razz.
    But, if you tell me in what format I need to add PCM songs to the Sonic 65's PCM driver, I will thank you.

Thats great, I need a few songs for Sonic 1 and 2 KC Edition (the second one needs more new songs the most). Surprised
    Valentin the fox

Current Project : Sonic Prototype Of Paradise

Post  Valentin the fox Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Karate Cat wrote:
    Trox wrote:From other games with SMPS music system, yes, I may do perfect ports Razz.

Thats great, I need a few songs for Sonic 1 and 2 KC Edition (the second one needs more new songs the most). Surprised
    I have a lot of music from Sonic 1,2,3 and knuckles chaotix. =)
    Karate Cat
    Karate Cat

Post  Karate Cat Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 am

Valentin the fox wrote:
    Karate Cat wrote:

I have a lot of music from Sonic 1,2,3 and knuckles chaotix. =)

You do? Can you pm me the music please? Surprised
    TheBityBity

Post  TheBityBity Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:54 pm

A friendly request to OuricoDoido: DO NOT CANCEL THE STHOSP!!!‏

Because I have not seen any news about this very awesome project. And if you stoped it due to the acussations, come on, they are just jealous, and are all bitter. I also personally checked you homing attack with the code at the leaked Megamix's source code in Cool-spot's website, and is 100% different! You never stole code, so do not let bitter people to kill this project!
    hacker___
    hacker___

Current Project : Breathing nitrogen

Sonic The Hedgehog Open Source Project 0.07 Empty OURICODOIDO SUCKS

Post  hacker___ Sat May 18, 2013 3:48 pm

Bitch-ass, i'm going to spam these forums all as I can, so the site will went down!
    .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Green Snake
    Green Snake

Current Project : nope

Post  Green Snake Sun May 19, 2013 12:01 pm

JoshDP

Post  JoshDP Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:33 am

Just an annual year bump! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Basketball cheers bom drunken cherry sunny Sleep

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:12 am